Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Journey To A Dream...


I have a dream... of seeing my screenplay version of Belonging made into an animated feature film.
Somewhere early in the initial jotting down of draft dialogue for ‘Belonging’ the radio drama, it all flowed through my head in what I took to describing as ‘cartoon motion’. Thinking of it now, I sorely wish I could remember the precise moment- that exact instant, the very line, every detail- to share it with you... because just like that, in the sparking of cells somewhere in my brain, a possibility came into being.
If only we could always tell... that this fleeting (almost wishful) thought will someday, in future register as a defining moment then we would know to capture it in mind, note it down or something! 
Vexing as it is, not being able to recall the day- the time- positioning will not lessen the significance of the thought that I had... ‘This could be a cartoon.’ That realisation was the beginning of a journey to a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment